Monday 9 January 2023

Blog Update (Monday, January 9th, 2023)

 Hey everyone! How was your weekend? Mine was...interesting, and not really in a good way. Family stuff. I just wanted to come on and talk to you guys for a bit and give you an overview of my plans for the blog in 2023. While I listen to Phil Collins on my iPod. Yeah, it's just that kind of day. So, let's get into it.

So 2022 was an interesting year here on the blog. I did alot of really awesome posts, including my overview of the entire DC Comics Star Trek comic book run and my overview of the Disney Sing-Along Songs series of VHS and DVD releases. This year I want the focus of the blog to be physical media. With the exception of shows I watch as they air on TV like Star Trek and Superman & Lois, shows and movies I watch on Disney+, movies and shows I have digitally through iTunes, and the occasional thing like the digitized Teddy Ruxpin VHS tapes that Vincent sent me almost three years ago and the digitized Barney tapes uploaded to YouTube, everything I review on this blog is from my physical collection of DVDs, Blu-rays, VHS tapes, comic books, and books that I can take from a shelf and physically turn the pages, or pop a disc or tape into a Blu-ray player or a VCR. So I really want that to be the focus for the blog. Celebrating physical media as well as the stories contained within those pages, discs, and tapes. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop reviewing shows on Disney+ or the movies and shows I have on iTunes, because I'm not. And the digitized VHS tape reviews aren't going anywhere either.

Part of this physical media focus will include discussions on the particular editions that I have in my collection in addition to the stories contained within. For example, I have three box sets for the original Star Wars trilogy, two VHS and one DVD, as well as two individual VHS releases for Star Wars (1977). So I will talk about the two VHS releases together, and the three box sets separately, as each box set contains different versions of the trilogy including the 1997 Special Editions and the 2004 DVD editions. In the case where I have a movie on VHS twice and once on DVD, as is the case with a few of the Disney movies in my collection, I'll talk about the movie and the three editions together. As for the books, I have a few in box sets, but I'll review each book that's in the box set individually. The only exception to that rule will be The Lord of the Rings because there are seven books, and six of them are the two parts of each novel in the "trilogy". So I'll be talking about that box set and the three books together. 

I'll also be talking about versions that I don't own anymore. Using Star Wars as an example again, I used to own the 2000 VHS trilogy box set release for the 1997 Special Editions, but I got rid of that set probably about eleven or twelve years ago when I got rid of the rest of my original/childhood VHS collection. So even though I don't have it in my collection anymore, I'm still going to talk about it when I review the 1997 VHS Special Edition box set. It'll go for books and trade paperback collected edition comic books as I have a few novels and trades in my collection now that are different editions than the ones I used to own.

The first post to have this new focus will be a re-post of my review of season 1 of Stargirl, so that I can have the new title on the review without trying to change it for the original link to the original review of the season. That will be coming out later today, once I get it all done up and everything.

I guess that's it for now. I just wanted to let you know what my plans for the blog are in 2023 and to just check in and see how you're all doing as I haven't done that yet this year. So stay tuned because my revised review for season 1 of Stargirl will be coming out shortly. Until then have a great day and I will talk to you all later. Take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Trilogy #3 - Champions of the Force (1994) Book Review

 Hey everyone, how's it going? I'm doing pretty well for a Friday afternoon. I'm back with my review of the third and final book...