Tuesday 28 June 2022

Only Murders in the Building Season 2, Episodes 1 and 2 (2022) TV Show Review

 Hey everyone! Welcome back to the Arconia. I'm here to review the season premiere of season 2 of Only Murders in the Building. I don't have much else to see for a preamble, so let's get into the review. It's going to be a spoiler free review, so if you watch the show and haven't watched the first two episodes of season 2 yet, that's okay because this review won't spoil them for you. Let's get into it.


I discovered the show five minutes before I watched the first three episodes of season 1. I really enjoyed the first season and with the cliffhanger it had, I was really excited for season 2 to start. It's finally here and I was so glad that the first two episodes dropped on the same day. The season premiere opens right where the season 1 finale left off, with our podcasting trio reeling from the events of season 1. 

I love how seamlessly the first season flowed right into season 2. These days with shows that end a season with a big cliffhanger, the writers do everything they can to wrap the cliffhanger up in the opening few minutes of the season premiere before quickly moving on to the new season's storyline. Not this show though. The cliffhanger of season 1 where the trio is arrested for the murder of the Arconia's residential board president, Bunny Folger, starts the mystery that Charles, Oliver, and Mabel are going to solve for season 2 of their podcast which is also called "Only Murders in the Building". Whoever killed Bunny wants to frame our trio. Which means it's somebody who doesn't like them/wants revenge on them (possibly), and who has easy access to all three of their apartments.

Unlike last season where I immediately ruled out Jan as a suspect, every single character aside from the lead characters, and Detective Williams, is on my list of suspects. Including the new character, Alice, played by Cara Delevingne, and Amy Schumer, simply because she's on the show and is waaaaay too interested in Charles and Oliver. 

The returning cast is amazing as ever. The chemistry between Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Selena Gomez is even better this season than it was in season 1. I was afraid that season 2 is where the writers wouldn't know what to do with the main characters following the season 1 cliffhanger, and that Martin, Short, and Gomez would phone it in. But they don't. They're funny, engaging and had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I can't wait for next week's episode. I'm a little edgy about having Amy Schumer on the show because I'm not a fan of her brand of humour, so I'm hoping she won't be a recurring role this season.

Overall this was a solid opening to the second season of Only Murders in the Building. I've been waiting eight months for the season to start and it was well worth the wait. If you haven't watched these two episodes yet, or even the first season, I highly recommend this show. It's funny, it's thrilling, and it's just alot of fun.

That my friends is going to be it for me for today. I'll be back tomorrow for my review of season 2 of Superman & Lois as the season finale is airing tonight. So until then have a wonderful rest of your day and I will talk to you all later. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Trilogy #3 - Champions of the Force (1994) Book Review

 Hey everyone, how's it going? I'm doing pretty well for a Friday afternoon. I'm back with my review of the third and final book...