Friday 28 January 2022

My Geek Life: Star Trek: Prodigy Theory

 Hey everyone! How's it going? I'm doing pretty well. So today I have a short edition of My Geek Life for you. The latest episode of Star Trek: Prodigy aired on CTV Sci-Fi Channel last night and because of something that happened in the episode, I came up with a theory. It has to do with the possibility of who the Diviner is. I don't have very much evidence but it's something I thought up while I was getting ready for bed last night. There will be spoilers for the first nine episodes of the season, so be aware of that as you read this post. With that out of the way, let's get into it.


Throughout these first nine episodes, we haven't learned a whole lot about the Diviner or his plans for the USS Protostar, a derelict Federation starship that looked too undamaged to have been abandoned by it's crew in an emergency situation. Especially if Starfleet hasn't gone looking for it. And yet, the Diviner was in posession of it. So here's my theory. The Diviner is actually a brainwashed Captain Chakotay. Here's my reasoning for this.

So, Chakotay was in command of the Protostar and he and his crew vanished, but Hologram Janeway doesn't know anything about it. If the crew had been forced to abandon ship, Hologram Janeway would've had some record of it. Instead the section of her memory, which contained the crew's final moments were blocked. We saw a piece of the recording, which showed Drednok, the second in command to the Diviner, appear behind Chakotay and Hologram Janeway but we don't even hear Chakotay getting murdered or captured or anything.

Also, the Diviner has been after the ship all season and he had posession of it under mysterious circumstances. I mean, the proto-warp drive would be as valuable to the Diviner as the Iconian Gateway was to the renegade Jem'Hadar in the DS9 episode, "To the Death", but he doesn't seem to want have any political stakes in the Delta Quadrant, or anywhere else for that matter, so, why does he want the ship? I think it's because Drednok is the person behind all of this, and had captured Chakotay, brainwashing and morphing him into the Diviner, which allowed him to go aboard the Protostar and block off that section of Hologram Janeway's memory files. It also allowed him to create Dark Hologram Janeway when he took the ship from the crew in this week's episode. 

There just seems to be too many coincidences for this to not be a thing. However, I could very easily be mistaken or they could just be making it seem like it's Chakotay, but it ends up being something completely different when we get part two of this episode next week for the mid-season finale. I don't know. We'll just have to wait and see.

I don't normally come up with these wild theories, because most of the time it's a waste of time. Especially because I couldn't come up with something better than what the writers of my favourite shows and movies came up with when they wrote the shows and movies. But this time I couldn't help myself. And like I said, it's just a theory, and I could be 100% wrong about it, but I don't want to discount anything with this show because these writers can be sneaky and can pull a bait and switch on viewers pretty easily. 

That's all I wanted to say for today. Just a quick My Geek Life post for today. I'm going to hold off and do my next Movies I Saw in Theatres post next week. I'm not going to have a movie review up for you tomorrow either. I'm gonna be starting to watch the Jumanji 4-Movie Collection Blu-ray set that my sister got me for my birthday. I'll do a review on all four movies and the Blu-ray set when I've finished going through it. I want to do more physical media stuff on this blog. So until then have a wonderful weekend and I will talk to you all later. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Trilogy #3 - Champions of the Force (1994) Book Review

 Hey everyone, how's it going? I'm doing pretty well for a Friday afternoon. I'm back with my review of the third and final book...